Monday, July 14, 2014

Slogging away (or technically, blogging away...)


Today I am at a different campus from my normal one. This means I don't have an office, but I have managed to set myself up pretty nicely in the library with all of my favourite things.


As you can see, I have started a new sock, which means I finished the World Cup socks before the final, as planned. For me, I'd have to flip a coin to decide whether knitting the same pair of green socks for a month was more boring than entire soccer match, but now they are both over and I don't need to think about them for FOUR MORE YEARS. That deserves a yippee!!

The other day I bought Lucy some flea and worming stuff from Aussie Vet Products. To my delight, it was $25 cheaper than it is from my local vet. So, I used the money to buy myself something I did not know existed until last Friday - a beginner's fountain pen.



Apparently fountain pens are something you built up to, which makes sense given that the good ones cost hundreds of dollars. I can imagine you'd want to make sure you really like a product before dropping that kind of coin. I can safely say, now, I love them! Since it arrived yesterday afternoon I've been reading pen blogs (who knew they were a thing even?) and investigating different types of ink to fill my new toy with. Apparently there are wet inks and dry inks and all sorts of fun fun things. I can feel a new expensive hobby coming on...

0 comments:

Post a Comment