Friday, September 21, 2012

Saturday, glorious Saturday!

This afternoon I should have been working, writing, studying or exercising. Instead, I played hooky for an hour and sat outside in the glorious sunshine knitting and listening to the new Regina Spektor album. I started the Merino Lace Socks from Favorite Socks in the Mountain Color Barefoot I bought a few weeks ago. It's my second Christmas gift project and I'm hoping starting early this year will avoid a log jam closer to the Big Day.


 Using this yarn is like knitting with butter! It's soft and delightful and I want to replace all of my clothes with clothes made from this yarn and make blankets and socks and hats and be covered in it from head to foot! It's that delightful, really. 

During the week I finished the fun stranded part of Sam's Anniversary Socks:

 I am really pleased with how it turned out. It clearly needs to be blocked and the A is totally wonky but I think it looks awesome and I can't want to give them to him! The best thing is I realised they don't have to be stealth socks - I can cover the grey part with the cuff and the message disappears.


As much as I want the finished project, I'm not very excited about actually knitting the rest of the sock. Socks for a size 12 men's foot knit in black on 2.25mm needles...not fun. It'll be a slog but I'm certain it'll be worth it in the end.


Lucy kept me company (she loves Regina too). After an hour I started feeling guilty about all of the stuff I wasn't getting done, so I packed up my knitting, strapped on my walking shoes and set off into the street for my daily constitutional. I am really glad I did because everywhere I looked I was greeted by sunshine and gorgeous flowers.


 So beautiful!


I even made a new friend.


Although I didn't tell Lucy about that. She doesn't like to share.

All in all, a lovely Saturday that will only get better when I pop open the bottle of bubbles I have in the fridge. I heart sunshine and weekends :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment