Tuesday, July 21, 2015

WIP Wednesday: Christmas Knitting Edition

It's that time of year again - time to plan Christmas knitting. I am taking some time off work to finish my (stupid and ridiculously time-consuming) thesis, which means a) I'm hopefully going to submit on the expected due date and b) I'm going to be poor when Christmas Day rolls around. Hence, it's time to start looking at what I can do with what I have.

I have five pairs planned. With the three sets of sock needles I own, I have cast on for three pairs:


I thought maybe I'd take a picture every Wednesday in the same spot so I can see that I'm making progress to avoid that moment where you feel you've been working on something forever but all of your knitting is going straight into some sort of weird woolly black hole rather than contributing to the size of your project (see, my Helical Scarf project, which is ... dum dum dum ... done and soaking!):


From left to right: socks for Sam in Wendy Roam Fusion in Craic (yarn bought in the UK), a pair of Hers Spiralled Socks for Friend P in Patonyle (with matching His Spiralled Socks to come) and a pair of socks for my dad in Regia Design Line.



I've got five months, which should be heaps of time for five pairs of socks! But I would also like to make a pair for my sister and Friend J has a baby due in November and I'm only one side of the border away from finishing my Mitered Square Blanket...

We'll see.




0 comments:

Post a Comment