Sunday, August 12, 2012

Knitting valium and the first indication of spring

I've been a bit quiet on the blog recently. I've had huge deadlines at work and the inside of my head has felt like that episode when Rick's cat discovered caps lock (CAPS LOCK IS HOW I FEEL INSIDE, RICK). If I'd tried to write a blog post it would have looked like this:

!!!!!!!
[picture of lucy]
The end.

At 5pm on Friday when I sent off the final document my brain frenzy slowed down to this (!!!!!!). This is by anyone's measure still rather insane, so on Saturday I pulled this out of hibernation:



This blanket is basically knitting valium. Each row has about 850 stitches and every single stitch of those is a knit.  It's soothing and relaxing and incredibly peaceful to just knit knit knit knit knit knit knit knit knit knit knit knit knit knit knit knit knit knit knit knit knit knit knit knit knit knit knit knit knit knit ... (you get the picture) around a circle in a routine that will continue for hours and hours and hours until you decide to stop. It's the yarn equivalent of a sedative and, when combined with a Cary Grant movie marathon and lots of cups of tea and peanut butter toast, result in a perfectly relaxed blogger capable of transforming strings of words into sentences. Now I just need to find something worth saying... (baby steps).

Because everything looks better with Instragram:


In other news:

The rain finally stopped today so I was finally able to go for a walk outside. It felt fantastic. I was even more excited when I saw this on my neighbour's front yard:


Spring's coming! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment