Sunday, August 12, 2012

Ravellenics Closing Ceremony

My camera came back from the repair shop yesterday with a brand-new lens, so I thought I'd use the rare appearance of sunshine to play hooky for a few hours and go to the beach.


Look at that sky! It's gorgeous. The 'washed out' effect that used to be in my photos is gone,
 which makes me think it wasn't a setting but a problem with the lens.


I am so lucky that this view is at the end of my street! I do love living near the beach - looking at these photos makes me happy.

I took my knitting with me to the beach and, well, let's just say that I won't be getting a medal for my performance this Games.


This combined with four rows on the front panels of the cardy is the sum total of knitting I've done on my Ravellenics challenge. I am the knitting Olympics Steve Hooker! The truth is I just don't really like knitting jumpers. The thicker yarn feels really unwieldy and I find cabling stupid and boring and even though I want the jumper I most certainly do not want to take the time to finish it. If I wasn't so poor I would seriously pay someone to finish this because it's so close I can taste it yet so very very far away.  Bleurgh! Does anyone have a shawl or a pair of socks languishing away somewhere that they don't want to finish? I'll swap with you and I finish your wanted-but-unfinished project and you finish mine...? Well, a girl can dream.

0 comments:

Post a Comment