Saturday, January 26, 2013

2012 in review, dreaming and planning about 2013

On the weekend where we "celebrate" the birth of modern-day Australia, I decided it was the right time for me to evaluate what happened last year and to outline my plans for the rest of this year (I know it's traditional to do this on New Years Day but it always seems so silly to me to do that on a day where I'm hungover, sick to death of people asking me what I did the night before and cranky because I've spent far too much time with other people for my introvert self to cope with, so my resolutions are always 'Drink less. Avoid humanity'. So here we are, summing the year up 27 days after it concluded).

Firstly, the finished objects. I finished 20 19 projects (turns out I struggle to maintain a numbered list over the course of the year! My blog headings are both incorrect and misleading - oh well!) this year including some that I had been working on for over five years, a result that I think is pretty damn amazing:


As always the same colour palettes seem to dominate my knitting. I do need to start knitting more with warm tones, if only to make my mosaic look a little more interesting next year! I completed 12 pairs of socks, three shawls, two blankets, a bookmark and a hat, which is a pretty good achievement for someone who knits as slowly as I do.

I have a few aims for this year:

1. Halve the number of yarns in my stash from 58 to 29.
2. Finish or frog all projects over 12 months old
3. End the year with five or fewer WIPS
4. Donate blood at least three times
5. Have at least half of my thesis completed
6. Finish at least 20 objects
7. Be more social!
8. Write 24 reviews for Here I Read
9. Blog 12 recipes from cookbooks I own
10. Continue to have lots of fun with my blog

There's things I've done this year that I've really enjoyed like Blogtoberfest and posting semi-regular WIP Wednesdays and FO Fridays that I'd love to keep doing in 2013. For me, 2102 was about getting back into the swing of writing, photographing and publishing and really starting to enjoy having a blog again. After the massive all-over shite-ness of 2011, 2012 was a lovely year and I hope 2013 is just as good, if not even better :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment