Sunday, July 21, 2013

Monet's Garden and an almost-finished cardigan

Happy Monday, everyone. I hope you all had a lovely weekend :) I didn't do much other than work and go to the footy (Go Saints! Umpires are the worst) but I did go to see the Monet's Garden exhibition at the National Gallery last week.


It's interesting because it develops further the trend I saw at the Dali exhibition last year to feature audiovisual material about the artist and their life as well as the artwork of the artist. With this exhibit, the final two rooms featured a wall of photos of Monet and his garden and studio and an audiovisual installation featuring Monet's house and garden at Givenchy. I wonder if that's because audiences are demanding AV material, if it's seen as value-adding or if it's just to pad out the show?


There was also a photowall at the exit, which I found beyond hilarious. If you do go, though, go first thing - I went at lunchtime and it was so packed that I couldn't get near some of the works, especially the ones featured in the audio guide. At almost $30 a ticket, I'm not sure if it's worth it unless you're a big Monet/Impressionist fan.

In exciting news ... look at this!

The sleeves are finished and blocking! I realised as I was casting off that I'd knitted the whole sleeve using 3.75mm needles instead of using 3.75mm needles for the cuff and 4.5mm needles for the rest, but I just don't care! I'm finishing this damn jumper come hell, high water or incorrect gauge. After five years, it will be done! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment