Sunday, December 8, 2013

2013 FO #16: Infinitude scarf

The other day I was playing around on Twitter and I stumbled the account of someone I know in real life. I had that moment of shock that you get when you see someone in a context that you don't expect them but then, like all good voyeurs, I checked out the list of posted tweets. What I found surprised me a lot. This person, who in person has a fairly unremarkable appearance, is hawt in photos. Like I seriously checked twice it was actually the person I thought it was, that's how dramatic the change was.  How does that happen? I often can't even recognise myself in photos and there is definitely not an improvement in the photographic me as opposed to the real-life me. Take this photo for example.


I'm wearing a great scarf that's made up of lofty, soft fabric and super-cute pyjamas.


But do I look sexy? Frankly, I look a little bit ridiculous.


I tried doing the robot to see if it would make me look more fun, like the kind of person who stands out on social media. But no, the movement just blurred my forehead, making it seem elongated and dolphin-esque.


A close-up that avoided my face revealed only that I missed one end when I was finishing the blanket and that it takes only minutes for cat-hair to gravitate to black tops.


I give up! At least the scarf looks good.

Maybe next time I might try putting on some makeup...

Pattern: Infinitude Scarf by Jeni Chase
Yarn: Bendigo Woollen Mills Rustic 12-ply, one whole ball in some dark green colour whose name escapes me.
Notes: Cast on the number of stitches for the large size. The scarf got a lot bigger after blocking, so it can now be wrapped around three times. That does mean it's super warm but unless you live in a climate where you need that much warmth, shorter might be better. Otherwise, a satisfying, easy and quick project.

0 comments:

Post a Comment