Monday, December 23, 2013

'Twas the night before Christmas...

I finished the Soleus socks two days ago with plenty of black wool to spare (photos to come soon). On the same day I found another pair of sock needles in the same size that I had (definitely oddly and possibly drunkenly) hidden in a desk drawer. On the very same day, my cat found a ball of sock wool from my stash and dragged it onto my bedroom floor. It seemed like such a serendipitous coincidence to have all of those things happen on the same day I felt compelled to give myself a gift that I would really really love.


My Christmas present to myself this year is the decision to knit my favourite thing (stockinette socks) out of my favourite wool (Opal) with no deadlines or stresses attached to the project at all. Usually on Christmas eve there is a family birthday; however, this year the birthday boy has a lovely new girlfriend and is spending the night with her so, for the first time in eight years, I get to spend my Christmas eve exactly how I want to - eating salad, knitting for fun, drinking red wine, watching The Nightmare Before Christmas and hanging out with my boos Sam and Lucy. As Lucy would say if she was a) a talking cat and b) very fond of puns, it will be a purrrrrrrrrfect night!

I just can't wait :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment