My first finished object of the year is done!
My Luxury OpArt blanket is done with two weeks to spare before the baby is due.
It was pretty ruffled and out of shape when it came off the needles...
..so I blocked it really severely (with Lucy's help, of course).
I liked knitting this blanket - the pattern's super easy to follow and I like tedious knitting. However, it's became clear as soon as I took out the blocking wires that this is not a blanket that wants to be square - unless it's blocked every time it's washed, it's going to end up bendy and ruffled again. I hope the new parents like unusual blankets and think of this as a design feature, or else I'm not sure the blankie will get much use.
However, have a look at the accessories I made with the leftover wool - cuteness in a teeny tiny package.
More on those tomorrow.