Thursday, May 1, 2014

Cinnamon non-sequitors

Ever since I broke my leg, I've been trying to be as healthy as I can with my diet. Mainly, I try to limit processed and sugary foods and make as much of the food I eat as I can. I also make sure I have lots of calcium (for healthy bones) and lots of veggies (for the nutrients and antioxidants). I've found the easiest way to do this is to make a smoothie every day, not only because it's so easy to do but because they are delicious, so it doesn't feel like any effort at all to eat well. This one contains four types of frozen berries, natural unsweetened yoghurt and milk and it is yum.


Since my accident I've also had a bit of minor joint pain - nothing serious, just a bit irritating. I read in the I quit sugar cookbook that cinnamon is a natural cure for joint pain, so I've been adding 1/2 a teaspoon of ground cinnamon to the mix over the last week. It might be the placebo effect but I swear it's making a difference (plus, I love the flavour of cinnamon so my smoothie is even more delicious!).


The colour of the smoothie reminded me of a project I started ages ago but then got frustrated with and shoved into a drawer. The pattern is the 126-29 DROPS gloves knitted using the leftover Alpaca Silk Georgette from the Rainy Day Socks II I made for my stepmother. The yarn is lovely but the wrist is too big and the thumb hole too small but the fingers took me such a long time that I didn't want to rip them out. 

Today, I bit the bullet...


..and voila, the glove became this...


..the start of a baby hat for Sam's horrible friends (may they never find this blog). 

Also, yes, Lucy has two climbing and scratching towers. I am aware she is completely spoiled, as I remember every night when I tip her expensive wet food into her hand-painted hand-wash only food bowl. I realise it is ridiculous for an adult woman to lavish so much love on her cat, but what can I say - I've got a soft spot for anything that purrs. I'm not sorry at all!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment