Saturday, October 13, 2012

Day 13: A New Beginning

The saying goes that hell is other people. I think that hell is other people at a Bunnings on a sunny Sunday afternoon, especially when quite a few of those people are younger than five and have been supplied with miniature shopping trolleys to gallivant about with. My poor calves! But there is something about beautiful sunny weather that inspires you to plant things and be part of the regeneration of spring! Even when the evidence of what happened when you planted things last spring on a gorgeous sunny day is in the very pots that you're using this year... 

Death and destruction of last year's plants in the pots on the right, hope and dreaming in the pots on the left.
Clear evidence of humans' great capacity for cognitive dissidence.

I bought rosemary, basil and coriander seedlings and thyme and dill seeds, which I planted in pots. And with the seeds, by "planted", I mean cut open the packet and poured onto dirt in several different pots until there were no seeds left in the packet. I then noticed that there were 750 dill seeds and 1000 thyme seeds in each packet!  Oh well.


This is one of last year's chilli plants surrounded by coriander and basil.


And more coriander, basil and about 300 seeds each of dill and thyme.


I have a good feeling about this year!

13 down, 18 to go.

0 comments:

Post a Comment