Monday, October 1, 2012

Day 2: Mitered Square Blanket Time

Blogtober is a big commitment (31 posts!!) and it's only fitting that a big blogging commitment should be joined by a big knitting commitment. So last night I dragged my mitered square blanket squares out of the tub they've been sitting in for the last 12 months and laid them out on the floor to organise them into a design that shows them all to their best advantage.


What do you think? The picture is a bit shows the colours as darker than they are IRL. I tried not to have any sections are the same colour next to each other and to avoid any areas that are dominated by light or dark areas and I'm actually pretty happy with it. Tonight I'll start the (many hours of) seaming that are required and *fingers crossed* by the end of October I'll have a lovely new warm blanket to snuggle under.

According to Ravelry, I started this blanket on 1 October five years ago. It seems fitting to finish it in its anniversary month.

2 down, 29 to go!

1 comment:

  1. I need your address, I could come over and help get this baby sewn up for the bad winter we are supposed to be getting!! I am sitting here cheering you on. Eager to see progress photos, don't quit......

    ReplyDelete