Today's post is one of my all-time favourite super-easy unbelievably delicious desserts -
Tartes Aux Pommes from Nigella Express, served a la mode.
Make as follows:
1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees celsius.
2. Defrost one sheet of puff pastry. With a knife, score a mark two centimetres from the end of the pastry.
3. Slice two large or three small Granny Smith apples very finely without the core but with the peel.
4. Sprinkle one tablespoon of castor sugar on the pastry.
5. Place one slightly overlapping layer of apples on the pastry.
6. Place one tablespoon of butter and one tablespoon of sugar in a small saucepan. Heat until bubbling gently and cook for two-three minutes until brown. Pour caramel mix over apples.
7. Cook for 20-25 minutes until pastry is puffed and golden brown.
(Note: I added cinnamon which made it even *more* delicious, although it still taste divine without it if cinnamon's not your thing. I know that looks like a fly in the middle of the pastry but it's just a burnt bit of caramel that had dripped off onto the tray.)
8. Eat the entire thing that is supposed to serve 6-8 people between two.
23 down, 8 to go.